Self Confidence for Women - A Formula for Success
• Seek ways to change your pattern of negative thinking. I know being more positive sounds cliché, but the reality is that it’s necessary and it does work. Learning to think more positively about yourself is indeed the first step in raising your self-esteem. It will take effort to unlearn all of the false truths about yourself that you’ve picked over the years, but you’re worth the investment, right? Of course, you are! Start here by reading about
how to think positively.
• Take responsibility for yourself. This is the first and most important step in building confidence, since you are the only person who can truly create change in your life. Realize that the path toward self-confidence is one that you will have to travel — no one else can do it for you. This also means bidding farewell to the victim mentality. Taking responsibility for yourself puts you in the driver’s seat of your own life. Now, that
you’ve mapped out a plan using the Wheel of Life
you’re well on your way to living a fuller richer life. So start experimenting!
• Experiment with life. Try new things. Take tango lessons, learn a foreign language, go to dinner alone, plan a solo vacation. These are all incredible ways to testing your abilities and learn that you really can rely on yourself. They’ve all worked for me personally, and I’ll tell you that there is no greater feeling than knowing you can take of yourself. It’s great to depend on others when needed, but true self reliance is a definite confidence builder. I promise you’ll love how good trying new things can make you feel about yourself.
• Develop personal development plan. Choose at least one area for personal development, and come up with a few action steps using
that you will get you there. Once you have your master plan you can start to implement each step — no excuses. Deal? Making continuous strides toward your goals will be a great boost to your confidence.
• Develop sticktoitiveness. Unlearning all the negative ideas about yourself will take time and requires your consistent efforts. A new self-image isn’t born overnight, agreed? But, if you stick with it the benefits will feel wonderful. It’s important to realize that you’ll likely fail at some things that you try; it’s all a part of the learning process. True confidence develops from an increasing belief that you can rely on yourself to follow through despite whatever obstacles that appear.
• Act “as if.” Since we’re aware that it will likely take some time to build up your outward confidence one way to skirt this is to act “as if”, so that you can being taking action towards your growth. Psychologists agree that once we change our behavior we change the beliefs we have about ourselves. Acting as if you’re already confident will lead you to take the actions needs to change the feelings you have about yourself. Your inner confidence will be an outgrowth of those actions. Ask any self-assured woman that you know she came to be so confident, and she’ll likely concede, “Fake it until you make it!”
• Find a confidence mentor. Now, ask that same confident woman to be your mentor. Take her out to lunch and pick her brain for tips and techniques. I’m sure she’ll describe the incredible courage it took to become so secure. I assure you the reward is well worth the risk. If you’re having trouble finding a truly confident women seek advice our readers. Post a request below for a mentor, or ask for tips from other readers who have raised their self esteem.
Now you have no more excuses for having low self confidence, but if you need an additional boost you might try doing brain fitness exercises to help increase your positivity about yourself.
Have A Great Success Story or Tip to Share?
Do you have a great success story? Share it!
What Other Have Shared
Click below to see stories contributed by other visitors to this page...
Return from Formula for Building Self Confidence for Women to Self Confidence With Women